Sunday, July 5, 2009



Well, Lauren and i have made it safely into Paris. I would really like to share with you all of our stories from the past few days, but for now here are a few thoughts and pictures.













Here I am crossing the Liffey on Hapenny Bridge in Dublin.












Here is Lauren along the Shannon in Limerick. King John's Castle is in the background.


This is Westminster Abbey in London. Yesterday, July 4 Lauren and I were blessed to arrive just as Evensong was beginning. So, we headed inside to join the worship service. As we walked the long corridor I was obviously speechless. The melody of the organ and voices of the choir seemed to fill the entire space between our heads and the vaulted ceiling. Twenty minutes into the service I looked down, and Lauren was standing upon the grave of William Wilberforce! It may have been because I was tired and extremely hot, but there, in that place I honestly teared up a little. I'm not Anglican, but this massive place definitely has an effect on you. The cool thing is that I didn't feel insignificant in this place, but a part of something huge, a continuation of the work that was begun by amazing men like Wilberforce.
















4 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you both are having a great time. I am so happy for you enjoy. can't wait to hear about it love ya mom

Unknown said...

It sounds like you both are having a good time. can't wait to hear all about it. love ya

Jenny said...

Ryan and Lauren,
Awesome pictures! The kids are missing you both terribly! Enjoy the rest of your trip...and start planning your next trip to meet us some place fun!

Cheyenna Francis said...

Looks like you and your wife are enjoying the time spent traveling. I cant wait for school to start and to hear more about the adventures you endured this summer. Be safe and have fun. Also I am enjoying the summer reading. I think it was a great choice!